Since their inception the Jaguar bass has been quickly bulling it's way to a position of popularity alongside the timeless perfection of both the Precision and Jazz bass. For the first time, Fender now affirm that mantle for the instrument, granting it the new and original American Standard model.
Be the first to own a piece of future history with the all new 2014 American Standard Jaguar Bass.
Fender’s first U.S.-made Jaguar Bass is a sleek and powerful beauty, upgraded with a versatile P/J pickup configuration, combination top-load/string through- body High-Mass Vintage bridge, lightweight Fender “F” tuners with A-string retainer, and body-end truss rod adjustment.
The split-single-coil Precision Bass® pickup is made with alnico 5 magnets, while the single-coil Jazz Bass® bridge pickup has ceramic bar magnets with hex-screw pole pieces.
All the other great Jaguar Bass features are here too, including the fast and comfortable maple neck, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and elegant aged white pearloid block inlays, multi-ply pickguard, lower horn pickup on/off and series/parallel switching, and upper- horn active/ passive switch for dual-circuit design with inset bass and treble control wheels.
Hard-shell case included.
- Model Name: American Standard Jaguar® Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 0194700700
- Series: American Standard
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: Single-Coil Jazz Bass with Adjustable Hex Screw Pole Pieces and Ceramic Bar Magnets
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage '63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Lower Control Plate:
- Master Volume
- Master Tone (Functions in Passive Mode Only)
- Upper Control Plate:
- Active/Passive Slide Switch
- Treble Boost/Cut Thumb Wheel
- Bass Boost/Cut Thumb Wheel
- Pickup Switching: Lower Switch Plate:
- P Bass Pickup On/Off Slide Switch
- J Bass Pickup On/Off Slide Switch
- Series/Parallel Slide Switch (Operates Only When Both Pickups are On)
- Pickup Configuration: PJ
- Special Electronics: 9V Active Preamp with Active Bass and Treble Thumb-Wheel Controls and Active/Passive Slide Switch
- Bridge: 4-Saddle High-Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell